|Building a city in this frozen hell requires sacrifice. People will get more done if they work longer shifts.|
|Law Cooldown||18 hours|
Building a city in this frozen hell requires sacrifice. People will get more done if they work longer shifts.
- Previous: Emergency Shift (Adaptation Law)
* NEW SHIFT LENGTH: Change the Shift Length you can extend the workday in any facility to 14 hours
* working overtime causes discontent
* discontent will rise slightly
Allows the player to increase the work time in certain buildings or resource piles from a standard 10 hour day (08:00 to 18:00) to a 14-hour day (06:00 to 20:00). Must be individually turned on, toggle is located when you click on the building or resource pile just under the On/Off Switch on the right side.
- The Extended hours will not appear if Hard work rigor law was not en-acted.
- Increases the time the workers are in the cold so it is assumed they have a higher chance to get sick.
This law has events associated with it.
Long Hours of Toil
Using extended shifts will eventually trigger this event.
|“||Sir, our people are worn out. Some of them have been working on extended shifts for days on end. Their effort is taking its toll and they're becoming restless. They deserve a break.||„|
The options are the following:
- Good idea: You cannot use Extended Shift for 3 days. If you fulfill this quest, hope rises. If you fail, hope falls and discontent rises.
- Force them to work: This option is only available with active guards or faith keepers.
- I won't address this right now: Discontent will rise.
- There is a similar Extended Shift Law in the Labour book.